Life Care Center of Banner Elk is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. Our facility is located less than 20 miles from Boone, North Carolina. For a day trip, we suggest:
- One of the highest peaks in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Grandfather Mountain has hiking trails, picnic locations, a swinging bridge and scenic views of the surrounding area.
- Celebrating the coming of the snow season and predicting how harsh the winter will be with Wolly Bear caterpillar races, the Wolly Worm Festival happens the third weekend in October every year.
- The Tweetsie Railroad Wild West Theme Park has family friendly fun for all ages featuring coal-powered locomotives, wild west shows, a deer park and gold panning.
- Running the Watauga River daily, except Sundays, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, the Edge of the World rafting company serves guests a home-cooked meal before the 4-hour rafting trip.
- Close to Sugar Mountain Resort and Beech Mountain Resort, winter adventurers have their choice of outdoor activities, including skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, tubing and snowshoeing.